See the FAQ below or choose your computer / operating system or device in the menu on the left to get more help on how to stream, download or use an app.
iPhone/iPad Update: Since the release of iOS 8, the ability to play mp3 files in the internet browser, using the player or the download links, has ceased to function on iPhone/iPad. We're looking into this problem now. In the meantime, in order to listen to the program with your iPhone or iPad you need to get a podcast app and subscribe to the RSS members feed(s). This is the easiest way to listen to the program. We recommend using Downcast, iCatcher!, or other podcast app that accept password protected feeds. For podcast app links and full instructions, go to to the "Download" section on the iPhone or iPad help page.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can you help me to stream or download the audio files?
2. How do I signup / Where do I go to subscribe?
3. How do I subscribe with my credit card only and skip signing up for a PayPal account?
4. I've lost my password, how can I retrieve it?
5. How do I login/logout?
6. Why do I have to login a second time if I want to access my account?
7. Do you have a help section with all your known issues?
8. Where is the news / headlines?
9. Why is my membership expiration date set way in the future?
10. How do I renew a subscription?
11. I created an account on redicemembers.com but the PayPal payment failed - How do I add a subscription?
12. How do I subscribe to the RSS podcast feed?
13. I can't access the mp3 or mp4 files in the RSS feed(s) from my browser or feed reader, why?
14. When I use the search function, why am I not getting any search results?
15. What is the song you played at the end of a radio program?
16. What is theme music that opens each radio program
17. Are you compatible with iPods, iPads and iPhones?
18. Are you compatible with Android phones?
19. Can you assist me with technical issues?
20. Can you help me with a problem with PayPal?
21. How do I cancel my subscription?
22. I can't use the player, what can I do?
23. Why the name Red Ice?
24. When I login, why does it say "username and password will be sent in an insecure manner" / "Your password will be sent unencrypted"?
25. Are you compatible with Kindle Fire HD?
26. Why doesn't iTunes ask me for my username & password?
27. Do you accept prepaid gift cards?
28. Copyright Notice
1. Q: Can you help me to stream or download the audio files?
A: Yes, for detailed help on how to listen, stream or download go here.
2. Q: How do I signup / Where do I go to subscribe?
A: Go to the signup page and follow the instructions.
You can use the "Offline Payment" option and use regular snail mail to pay cash if you want to avoiding using PayPal to subscribe.
See question and answer below for more information regarding how to avoid signing up for a PayPal account when subscribing.
3. Q: How do I subscribe with my credit card only and skip signing up for a PayPal account?
A: From the signup page, choose any option except the recurring subscription option, since you must have a PayPal account for this option. Once you're redirected to PayPal, make sure you click into "Don't have a PayPal account?" as in this image:
Click to expand
Please be observant, you might also land on this page when you're first redicrected to PayPal. It will look like the image below, from this page (which is the correct one) you can enter your details and credit card information:
Click to expand
For a step by step detailed instruction how to signup with your credit card only and skip signing up for a PayPal account go here.
4. Q: I've lost my password, how can I retrieve it?
A: Go to My account. Under the "Lost password?" tab on the right, type in your email address, click "Get password" and follow the instructions in the email. (You have to enter the email address you have connected to your account).
5. Q: How do I login/logout?
A: Click into any program on redicemembers.com and you're asked to login (if you're not already). Simply close your browser or browser tab to logout.
Are you having a difficult time to login? Go to our login help page and follow the instructions.
6. Q: Why do I have to login a second time if I want to access my account?
A: As a security meassure we ask you to login again if you want to access your account to make edits or add/renew subscriptions.
7. Q: Do you have a help section with all your known issues?
A: Yes, please go here for an overview page.
8. Q: Where is the news headlines?
A: See the latest seven stories on the front page on redicemembers.com. You'll find our complete news section on redicecreations.com. The members website is very similar in design, but look at the title at the top on any page to destinguish between the sites "Red Ice Members" and "Red Ice Creations / Red Ice Radio"
Click the Red Ice logo button at the top right menu on the members website, to go to redicecreations.com. We recommend that you also subscribe to the RSS feed(s) on redicemembers.com and the news RSS on redicecreations.com to get the latest news and members content directley to your computer or mobile device, as soon as new posts are available.
9. Q: Why is my membership expiration date set way in the future?
A: If you subscribed when we had our old members section on redicecreations.com you have been imported to our new system on the new website. We assigned an expiration date far into the future so that we can garantee recurring subscriptions to remain active without unexpected termination. If you originally signed up for a recurring subscription, it will continue until you cancel. If you signed up for a one time payment, we won't and can't charge you for more than the period you originally sign up for (3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year or 2 years).
The quick answer is: don't pay any attention to the expiration date - it's not accurate - but we want to be clear that it will not cause any problems or affect the functionality of your membership. When your subscription ends you will, just as usual, receive an email with more information and a link where you can go to signup again on the new members system.
10. Q: How do I renew a subscription?
A: If your subscription has run out your account is still in our system. At anytime you can return to www.redicemembers.com and login to "My Account" with your existing login details. From there, you can add/renew your subscription. Follow the instructions, complete your payment and you will have full access again. (Refer to your original email from Red Ice Members with your registration details).
11. Q: I created an account on redicemembers.com but the PayPal payment failed - How do I add a subscription?
A: If you created an account but your payment failed or your PayPal session timed out before you completed your payment, you can login to "My Account" on redicemembers.com with the login details you enterd during the signup process. From there, you can add a subscription. Follow the instructions, complete your payment and you will get access.
12. Q: How do I subscribe to the RSS podcast feed?
A: That depends on what RSS feed reading software you use. From the RSS feed page you can click into the feed with your browser and subscribe. If you use feed reading software, like iTunes, you can copy the address/URL of each feed and paste it into your program. All radio programs are sorted by year, as well as a feed for the 50 latest programs. There is also a feed for the TV episodes and the extra material.
For further help and a detailed description of the RSS podcast feeds go here.
13. Q: I can't access the mp3 or mp4 files in the RSS feed(s) from my browser or feed reader, why?
A: Make sure you go to www.redicemembers.com click into any program to login. After you've logged in, you can access the files in any of the feeds. With iTunes and other feed readers, you'll be prompted to login.
14. Q: When I use the search function, why am I not getting any search results?
A: Make sure you have the correct spelling of the topic or name you looking for. Usually, fewer words or a first or last name yields more results.
15. Q: What is the song you played at the end of a radio program?
A: Under "music" on the radio program pages, you will find artist, title and a link with more information about the music.
16. Q: What is theme music that opens each radio program?
A: We change introduction theme to the radio program almost every year. This year, 2013 we use a piece of music made by Henrik Palmgren. It's the new original Red Ice Radio theme. The voice samples or dialogue you hear in the background is from the movie "Meetings with Remarkable Men" directed by Peter Brook. The movie is based on the book of the same name by Russian mystic, G. I. Gurdjieff. The movie shows the difficult yet rewarding and interesting experience of a seeker that is looking for a deeper meaning to life.
17. Q: Are you compatible with iPhone and iPad?
A: Yes, redicemembers.com has been tested and confirmed to function with the latest iPhones and iPads. You can sign up for a membership and listen to the radio programs without any problem. You can also watch any of the video content in the TV and Extra archives if you open the mp4 video links under "Download". Mp4 links are available on all TV and Extra program pages.
Help how to stream or download
You can also stream any of the content from our RSS feeds on your iPhone or iPad. We recommend that you use the Downcast app (or similar podcast app) for very easy access to our radio programs and video. You can find more information about how to use Downcast on iPhone.
There is one known issue:
When you log in, make sure that your iPhone or iPad doesn't auto capitalize any of the letters in your username or password. It's important that you enter your exact username and password, refer to the confirmation email with your account login details. There could also be an auto spell function on your device that might change your username or password. You can disable this in your settings.
Help using iPhone
Help using iPad
Help using iTunes
Help using RSS feeds
18. Q: Are you compatible with Android phones?
A: Yes, redicemembers.com has been tested and confirmed to function with Android phones. For more information go here
19. Q: Can you assist me with technical issues?
A: Issues that directly relate to the functionality of the website is something we can help you with. Go to our contact page and send us an email with as much details as you can provide. Let us know exactly where on the website you go (provide links and screenshots if you can). Tell us what happens and describe your problem in detail.
For detailed help on how to listen, stream or download computer/OS or mobile device in the menu above.
20. Q: Can you help me with a problem with PayPal?
A: We have some common PayPal issues and tips on this page.
21. Q: How do I cancel my subscription?
A: You only need to cancel your subscription if you signed up for a recurring subscription, the other options will not auto renew.
To cancel your recurring subscription:
Click into "My account," log in, click on the "Payments history" tab, click on "Cancel Subscription" and follow the cancellation instructions once you're redirected to PayPal
You can also cancel your subscription via PayPal directly:
Log in to Your PayPal account
Click "My profile" in the top menu at right
Click "My money"
Click "Update" in the "My preapproved payments" section
Click on "Red Ice Creations"
Click "Cancel" and follow the instructions
Cancelling your subscription will immediately stop all future scheduled payments for your subscription to Red Ice Members.
You can also refer to cancellation instructions in the receipt that you received from PayPal when you first signed up.
22. Q: I can't use the player, what can I do?
A: If you have issues with getting the player working on your mobile device or computer we recommend that you downloading the files. Follow the instructions that we have for your computer/OS or mobile device in the menu above.
23. Q: Why the name Red Ice?
A: The idea for Red Ice first formed in 2000-2001. In the begining the website was a video, graphics and music project but quickly grew into a persuit of all things authentic, real and true. The name Red Ice has a lot of different symbolic meanings. Red Ice represents hot and cold, red and blue, north and south, non-physical and physical, basically two opposites. Not from a Marxist dialectic point of view, but from a perspective of creation. "Red" has nothing to do with the political association the color holds today. (No one "owns" the color red, and we've decided to take it back). Red Ice has everything to do with the Scandinavian background of the founder. The Norse creation myth tells how everything in the world came into existence in the gap between fire and ice. This is the essence of the name. Red represents heat, urgency and danger - short-term. Ice represents cold, patience and stability - long-term. Creation takes place in the right zone between these two powerful forces. A perfect balance between these two extremes creates the conditions for life and consequently it's in this environment that we can thrive. This is the "Creations" part of our name. The explosive power of the sun and the coldness of space creates a balance. We wouldn't be here if one overpowered the other.
24. Q: When I login, why does it say "username and password will be sent in an insecure manner" / "You password will be sent unencrypted"?
A: The username and password is being sent over HTTP and not HTTPS (secure communication). Thatís why the "unencrypted" or "insecure" message appears in certain browsers as you log in. It basically means that your username and password is being sent ďas isĒ and not in an encrypted manner. The majority of the communication online is not secure (HTTP), although an increasing amount of website are switching to secure (HTTPS).
We're in the process of aquiring a SSL Certificates, in the meantine if make sure you use a unique password for redicemembers.com, one that you donít use anywhere else online for other accounts. You can edit your password under "My account" and go to "Edit Profile."
All monetary transactions are handled through PayPal, who use HTTPS (secure communication). We do not store any of your PayPal information on our servers so when you sign up or adding/renew your subscription your data is secure with PayPal's service.
25. Q: Are you compatible with Kindle Fire HD?
A: Yes, the site has been tested and confirmed to function 100% with Kindle Fire HD and Fire HDX. Downloading files to you computer and transfering them to your tablet is not a problem either.
More information and help for Kindle Fire HD(X) tablets here.
26. Q: Why doesn't iTunes ask me for my username & password?
A: A bug in the new iTunes software is preventing some listeners from accessing the password protected RSS feed(s) when using iTunes. If you are experiencing this problem please check out our iTunes page for a solution here.
27. Q: Do you accept prepaid gift cards?
A: Yes, through PayPal you can use a prepaid gift card. More info here.
Keep in mind the following:
1. When you are signing up you can't use the recurring payment option (* this is the top option on our sign up page.) Choose a one time payment instead.
2. If you have issues, read how to resolve the address issue with the prepaid gift card. Since Red Ice is an international merchant (from a USA perspective) an address is needed. Resolve issue by regestering your address with the card issuer. See the fourth question "I'm using a prepaid gift card, and I'm getting a declined message" at the link above for more information.
28. Copyright Notice
All content in our members website is exclusive for our members. You are not allowed to redistributed or uploaded any of the members content to other websites or file sharing services. You are free to share, upload or redestribute anything that is for free on the website. This usually means all the first hour radio programs and TV episodes. Anything that you have to log in to access is content exclusive for our members. Please do not upload or redestribute this content.
It's through our members section that we manage to continue to produce material and offer the majority of what we produce for free.
Thank you for understanding!